Heimtextil, the Munich-based international home and contract textile trade show, just wrapped up a highly successful expo in early January 2019.
As the first trade show of the season for the textile/fabric industry, Heimtextil sets the groundwork in design and innovation for the upcoming year.
It’s the place to see “what’s next” and speak with decision makers who bring these trends to the masses.
Each year, Heimtextil presents a showroom that highlights the season’s most prominent trends as an accompaniment to the main event. Trend Space (formerly called Trend Park) was located in Hall 3 and drew in a variety of attendees, who included everyone from retailers and wholesalers to interior designers and architects.
The theme of Trend Space was Toward Utopia, an exploration of sustainability and individual responsibility. Using five interactive scenarios, attendees were able to explore their own utopia through luxury simulators and off-grid models.
- Pursue Play led attendees on a journey to find optimism within their stressful, chaotic lives. Pursue Play showcased the industry’s take on fun, playful, imagination-encouraging areas.
- Seek Sanctuary was focused on helping attendees find peace and relaxation through functional, clean textiles and accents.
- Go Off-Grid helped attendees get closer to nature through a variety of outdoor fabrics and work-friendly clothing.
- Escape Reality tackled the intricacies of the digital age by showing attendees the possibilities of a futuristic yet sustainable digital experience.
- Embrace Indulgence merged solid craftsmanship and “uncomplicated opulence” to define modern luxury.
Be sure to press play on the Heimtextil’s captivating video below.
Heimtextil is already booking exhibitors for Trend Space 2020. “Make the most of this opportunity and book your place at Heimtextil 2020 to showcase your innovative products, on-trend fixtures, fresh colors, and previously unseen designs in an inspirational environment,” notes organizers.